Grassroots Mobilization Continues During
the August Congressional Recess
Dear Great American Cigar Shop Owners and Patrons and Premium Cigar Manufacturers:
Congress is in adjournment for the “August Recess,” so now is the time for critical outreach to your Representatives and Senators.
The message during this recess is to protect and advance the language in these two links (Agriculture Appropriations andPredicate Date) calling for a premium cigar exemption and a change in the predicate date for new cigar products.
Over the next three weeks, CRA encourages you to take this opportunity to engage your Congressman and Senators and let your voice be heard in opposition to FDA regulations in the following ways:
- Visit the district office of your member of the House of Representatives and United States Senate, and use the speaking points below to discuss FDA regulation and how it will affect your business
- Invite your Members of the House and Senate to visit your local cigar shop, lounge, or cigar club for a Cigar Town Hall meeting.
Find out who your Member of Congress is – Please
Click Here for the House of Representatives and Please Click
Here for the United States Senate.
- Invite local television, radio, and print media to your local cigar shop, lounge, or cigar clubs to share your story and for them to hear how the federal government is threatening your passion for great cigars.
- Call your Washington Representative and Senators to share your opposition to FDA regulation and call on your Member to support the House Agriculture Appropriations bill that contains premium cigar language as well as a change in the predicate date.
FY 17 Agriculture Appropriations Bill – Please Click Here
Predicate Date Change Language – Please Click Here
- Share with all that are passionate for the protecting the premium cigar industry, the speaking points to encourage them to contact their Members of the House and Senate in opposition to FDA regulations.
- Print the alert notices below and share them in your local cigar shop, lounge, or cigar club, encouraging your friends to sign the petition against FDA regulation.
Alert Notices – Please Click Here
- Email notices for CRA petition, should be circulated by all manufacturers, retailers, and patrons at this critical time.
CRA Petition – Please Click Here to use and circulate.
- Contact Members of the House of Representatives on the target list below and respectfully ask that they co-sponsor H.R. 662 and support the premium cigar industry. If your Member is already a co-sponsor, we encourage you to contact them and thank them for their support.
Target List – Please Click Here
H.R. 662 Co-sponsors – Please Click Here
- Contact Members of the United States Senate who are not co-sponsor of S. 441 and respectfully ask that they support the premium cigar industry. If your Members is already a co-sponsor, we encourage you to contact them and thank them for their support.
S.441 Co-sponsors – Please Click Here
Directory of United States Senators – Please Click Here